The pace of Calgary home sales has weakened compared to the same period last month but is on track to post the second highest October level on record.
Overall Calgary sales month-to-date have totaled 1315, a -2% drop month-over-month but up 20% from last October.
The Sales-to-New-Listings ratio is above 70% for single family homes as well as Condo-Townhomes & Condo-Apartments signalling that Calgary in general is still in a Seller’s Market.
A total of 37 homes have sold for $1M+ so far this month, four more than last October.
Townhome prices have seen the greatest surge with the average price up 20% and the median up 12.93% y/y. No doubt that price records will be broken this month. Below are the figures to watch:
- SFH median price (all-time) It’s currently sitting at $460,000. May 2013 holds the current high at $453,250
- SFH Average price (October only) $517,030 MTD, October high is 2012 at $492,772
- Townhome median price (all-time) $327,500 MTD, record is $328,400 from April 2007.
- Townhome average price (all-time) $375,312 MTD, record is $355,757 from March of this year.
- Apartment median price (October only) $278,000 MTD, record is $275,000 from 2007.