Albertans have become acutely aware about the risks involved living near streams, rivers and lakes.
Alberta Environment and Sustainable Resource Development has a Flood Hazard Map Application for the public to use: here
Before considering a home purchase, browse the map to be aware whether the property is located in an area deemed to be a flood risk.
Calgary Area Studies
- Calgary – Bow and Elbow Rivers
- Calgary – Nose and West Nose Creeks
- Cochrane – Bow River, Bighill and Jumpingpound Creeks
- Rocky View (County) – Elbow River and Lott Creek
- Airdrie – Nose Creek
- According to the map, a sizeable portion of the community of Williamstown is at risk of overland flooding from Nose Creek.