Like Calgary & Airdrie, the town of Chestermere also experienced slumping sales in the single family home segment.
Only 10 SFH changed hands in February, half of what sold the previous year. A townhome and a condo-apartment rounded out the rest of the sales bringing the month-end total to 12. (See full statistics at end of post)
Other Chestermere News
Beginning March 1, the Town of Chestermere will be implementing new snow route parking bans on a few major roadways to assist with snow plowing. Find out if you’re living on a snow route: click here
Chestermere’s development potential was featured on Today in America TV Program. You can watch the video below:
Chestermere Open For Business
As the Town of Chestermere continues to grow at a fast pace, the Town is being developed with the goal of becoming an Oasis for families and businesses. (Source)
The Town is working to attract new businesses with the following features
- The Town does not have a business tax.
- In 2009, more land was annexed to the Town and 2,200 acres have been set aside for future commercial and industrial growth (See map).
- The exponential population growth has provided a strong desire for more local businesses.
- Chestermere has a supportive Chamber of Commerce
- Chestermere is a beautiful setting for your business and family.
- Chestermere is well situated in the Calgary Region to become an economic centre.