There will be a lot of information coming out in the next few days so here’s a sneak peek at the headlines and news. You read it here first:
- Calgary single family homes (SFH) will set an all-time record high in average prices in February, easily eclipsing the previous record of $506,671 set in July 2007. The average price is currently $519,815 with one day left.
- SFH sales will fall short of year ago levels. Some may partly attribute this to the extra week day in Feb 2012. Sales are currently up 1.57%, but will need 120 more to sell today to just match last year’s total.
- If/when SFH sales fall below last February’s total, it will break a string of 12 consecutive months where sales were up on a year-over-year basis.
- Condo-Apartments will experience an entirely different outcome this month. Sales have already surpassed Feb 2012 levels, but average prices might see a slight decline (currently -1.64%)
- Luxury home sales have set a new February record with 59 selling for over $1M month-to-date (MTD). The previous February high was set last year with 42.
- Yesterday’s Aspen Woods sale of $10.35M is the most expensive home ever sold on MLS in Calgary. That sale alone bumped the average price up $8,474 overnight (using MTD statistics)
- Airdrie single family sales are down -26.25% with only 1 day left. Since Feb 2012 had an extra week day. that stat is going to get uglier. The good news? Average price is up over $25,000 MTD while the median is up $29,750 y/y.
Check back over the next few days as month-end statistics are posted for Calgary, Airdrie and Chestermere.