(NOTE: For 2012 Calgary Property Tax Assessments, click here)
Today the City of Calgary mailed approximately 447,000 Property Assessment Notices to Calgary taxpayers.
Below are 2011 Property Assessment findings (Source: Calgary.ca)
- The total value of the 2011 Property Assessment Roll is $231 billion, an increase of $13 billion from last year.
- As a result of the 2011 Assessment, the typical assessment change between the 2010 and 2011 Property Assessment Rolls is 8% for residential properties and -8% for non-residential properties.
- The 2011 median single residential assessment (excluding condominiums) is $410,000 compared to $374,000 in 2010.
- The 2011 median residential condominium assessment is $250,000 compared to $233,000 in 2010.
- Approximately 93% of residential properties’ revenue neutral taxes will be within plus or minus 10% of last year’s taxes.
- 45%, or just under half of residential properties will see a decrease in their taxes due to the 2011 assessment only.
- 55%, or just over half of residential properties will see a revenue neutral tax increase due to the 2011 assessment only.
- Approximately 44% of non-residential properties’ revenue neutral taxes will be within plus or minus 10% of last year’s taxes.
- 32% or just under a third (1/3) of non-residential properties will see a revenue neutral tax decrease.
- 68%, or just over two thirds (2/3) of non-residential properties will see a revenue neutral tax increase.
Customer Review Period – Jan. 04 – March 07, 2011
The Customer Review Period, a 60 day period from Notice mailing, is your opportunity to review and ensure the fairness of your 2011 Assessment.
Review your property assessment:
- Is your market value assessment a reasonable estimate as of July 01, 2010?
- Are the factual details we have on record for your property correct
- Is your assessment equitable when compared with others in your neighbourhood?
- The date your property or business value is based on was July 01, 2010.
You can search for your Assessment on the City of Calgary’s website here
You can contact the City of Calgary regarding your Assessment here